Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bridget is 1 today.

She ate almost a whole turkey burger, with cheese and bun, for dinner tonight. Not to mention the cookies and apple juice. We were astonished. She sure does love her food!

Here are some pics of opening presents (from Grandma in Texas; she sent them a while back and we've been keeping them for today.)







She also got a toy bar for her stroller, which Emma actually picked out.



My aunt had given us some "scrip" to K-B Toys, and Emma used most of it to pick a present for Bridey. (It was, actually, a very astute choice. She looked at everything in the store-- it took an hour!-- and told me, "Bridget will like this." I asked if she knew what it was and she said, looking at the pictures on the box, "Toys on the stroller!" So I guess she knew. The reason the choice was so astute was that Bridey has been getting restless in the stroller lately and, for lack of anything else to do, leaning forward and pulling Emma's hair. )

Bridget likes it.






It also has a snack bowl, which the bar on Bridey's seat did not have. We have been thinking of ordering the part from Graco, but this works for now. Bridget likes the snack bowl, too!


8 comments:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Happy Birthday, Bridget!

I just LOVE that last photo! SOO cute!

Awesome Mom said...

What a little cutie!! We do have the same double stroller. Harry was doing the same thing to Evan (hair pulling) so for awhile I ended up putting Evan in the back. It is funny how little kids think up the same solution to their boredom, bug the older sibling which is fine unless you are the older sibling. lol

Lana said...

Happy Happy Birthday Bridget dear!!!

When H was very small she called her grandpa Abba. He loved it because of the rock band and it stuck. We liked it because it meant father in Hebrew. So there you have it: the evolution of a name!

What do the girls call you?

Anne/kq said...

I'm Mama or Mommy. KPC is Abba because Emma couldn't pronounce her "d"s when she was learning to say names for us. She kept trying to copy us and say "dada", but it came out "aaah-ba". So we switched over to Abba, and by the time she could say "d"s, Abba was firmly established as his name. :)

Gracie said...

KQ, I'm sorry to post this here but I could not for the life of me figure out how else to get you. Nauvoo is down and it may be down for quite a while. I don't know if you have you plans all set for the Nauvoodle get together. But I have some email addys in case you don't have everyones.

I hope this doesn't mess up your party. Have a great time.

And Happy Birthday to your lovely girl.

Anne/kq said...

Gracie, thank you!!! If you could e-mail me at roguejaina AT yahoo DOT com, I'd much appreciate it.

talitha said...

She is a doll, KQ. I can't believe that it's been a year already, though.

WOW.

Talitha

Suzanne said...

How sweet that Emma knew what Bridget would like. Your girls are precious! Happy Birthday, Bridget! :)