Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm so bad, but I just can't help it.

So last night I was watching CSI: Miami, (ABOUT TO POST SPOILERS) and whatever-her-name-is Boa Vista wants a DNA comparison between her and the latest victim (who she, correctly, thinks is her sister.) So she gives the tech her swab and STANDS THERE WAITING WHILE IT'S RUN! Hahahahaha! I just couldn't help laughing out loud at that one. Even the most rudimentary of mitochondrial DNA comparisons (that's the one that siblings share through the mother, right?) could never, ever be done WHILE SHE STOOD THERE WAITING! I laughed for about three minutes. I'm awful, but I just can't help it. It's like when I'm watching Numb3rs sometimes, and I'm no math expert, but the math makes me laugh sometimes. Why does CBS even bother hiring consultants if they are gonna ignore everything the consultants say? But I do like the characters. That's why I keep watching CBS shows; good characters and interesting stories, even if parts of them make me laugh. Hard.

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Oh, yeah! I'm a chemist, and my husband has a physics degree, so you can imagine the conversation going on between us on those kind of shows. We are particularly merciless with bad sci-fi ;-)

Thanks for the comments on my blog :) Sorry it took me a while to get on over here (it takes me forever to get anything done these days). Your girls sound like real sweeties!