Thursday, August 07, 2008

Fun plans

We have many things coming up that look to be lots of fun (if we ever get over these colds...)

So not so much a real blog post as a list of stuff we'll be doing that I'm looking forward to.

-the Watermelon Festival is this weekend. That's always a blast!

-the weekend after, we're staying Friday night in a hotel in Costa Mesa. Jeff has a seminar he has to attend for work that Sat. at the Huntington Beach Hyatt Regency, and while that's too rich for our taste, we'll be close so he won't have to get up at 5:30 to get there. The place we're staying at is literally across the street from an IKEA, so we'll have a late checkout, and just sleep in our clothes, get up, and go spend about 3 or 4 hours at IKEA while Jeff goes to a boring seminar! We do so love IKEA. And sleeping away will kind of be like a mini-vacation, so fun! Jeff has that Friday off so we can do stuff that afternoon, too.

-when he gets out, we're going to his cousin's wedding reception in Pacific Palisades. Not only do we get to go to a wedding reception and see his cousin; that happens to be the building I was baptized in! It should be fun for me to go back, see if there's anyone still in the ward who remembers me! (Long shot-- it's been 7 years, and I've changed a lot!) Maybe I'll get a chance to show the family the font where I was baptized. That would be cool. Also, it's just plain beautiful there. :) Emma will love looking at the ocean. Hopefully Bridey will sleep in the car there. Now, I get to decide what we're all going to wear... (Well, what we're going to change into. Jeff will probably be the only one to wear what he's going to wear to the reception all day.)

-I get to buy a super-cool carseat! Jaden, our niece, just had her birthday. She turned 4, and she's outgrowing her carseat. So for her present, we're buying her a Britax Regent, which is just an incredibly awesome seat (we'll probably be buying one when we get a bigger car, for Emma, and when she's outgrown it Maggie will probably be ready for it, my long-torsoed girl... Do you know she has a TWELVE INCH torso already? :o ) Anyway, there's going to be a Britax sale soon, so we're getting this ASAP (when Jeff gets his bonus for getting his EA next paycheck-- oh, did I mention that came???) from Amazon, which has a 30 day price guarantee. Then when the price drops for the sale, I'll just call and get my refund. Simple! I even found a website that will track your Amazon items and notify you when the price drops. Awesome!

-I got a new swimsuit (from Land's End-- via On The Counter), and I get to try it out. I love having a pool. :) And I just ADORE their swimsuits. This is a "High-Neck Slender Swimsuit." Which is just how it sounds! Has a high neck, and slenderizes you. :D

And I'm sure there's more fun stuff that will happen too! But that's my top-five excitement list right as of this second. :)

7 comments:

Robert E. Morgan, Jr. said...

Have fun at the watermelon festival, and I hope the reception is grand. Be careful in IKEA, the last time I went I bought a bananna rack among other things...

Anne/kq said...

Heh. Banana rack. We could actually use one, but I covet the one my mom got from my sister when she moved-- it's shaped like bananas...

We don't usually end up buying much at IKEA other than food. But we do sometimes come home with more small stuffed toys for the kids to lose...

talitha said...

Sounds like you are in for lots of fun! I am having serious IKEA envy...one of these days I will go to a state that has one.

Anne/kq said...

Yeah... We have FOUR. All within 2 hours drive or less (one is 15 minutes.) *grin*

talitha said...

Well, now you're just rubbing it in.

*raspberries to you*

Anne/kq said...

Muahahaha! You should come visit, I'll give you the IKEA Experience.

Amanda said...

Oh, I just bought my first LandsEnd suit, LOOOVE IT!
Have fun at Ikea, DH banded me from the Covina store, lol, I can't go without him anymore. whoops! :P
Thanks for sharing with the BBC stalkers! :D
I love all the car seat info you have here. One of these days I'll sit down and put together some links to share on my blog.