Friday, February 13, 2009

Things you don't want to see

Trust me on these:

-Your four year old suddenly fall down and start seizing
-Your BIG tall four year old looking tiny as she lays, extremely sick, in a PICU bed in a hospital gown with a hep lock in her arm boarded and wrapped in gauze to keep her from pulling it out, her face gaunt with discomfort and pale and flushed with fever.

Emma had a febrile seizure when her fever apparently spiked from 99 to 104-ish. She apparently has a UTI-- not that she complained or anything, and she only had one day of symptoms. It was scary, but she's been released, it probably will never happen again, I'll probably write more on this later. For now I'm just glad she's going to be okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!

Glad to hear Emma is ok but how scary for all of you.

Awesome Mom said...

I am glad she is ok but how scary that must have been!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad she'll be ok.

Jen S. said...

That must have been terrifying!

Sending prayers for Emma!

The Routh Family said...

Wow Anne, I hope that she is okay. I'll be praying for her.

PS) Its your old friend Lisa from BBC, I bookmarked you a long time ago and check on your page here and there :)