Monday, February 09, 2009

It's raining

and so, I can't sleep.

So here are my assorted thoughts about our weekend.

Maggie stole dairy food AGAIN and ate it. So we gave in and got her some yogurt at the store. She doesn't seem to like it much. Oh well, the other kids will eat it. And she's not reacting so she now has a wider variety of foods she can eat (eggs are the only major allergen she hasn't had yet. Well, eggs and nuts.) Maybe she will like cheese better.

We've all had a nasty cold. (Maggie had a fever for 2 days and refused to do ANYTHING but nurse. Non-stop. First baby I ever knew to get sick and GAIN weight; she put on about a pound in 2 days!) Just as we were starting to get on the upswing of it, Jeff got it. Luckily he's recovering quicker than we did, since it's back to work with him.

We went out to dinner on Friday night (really late-- 24 hour diner) and checked out the hotel next door to the restaurant (also close to Jeff's work.) We decided to go there next weekend for Valentine's Day. Should be fun!

I untangled Emma's hair. It was really bad, since she'd been sick and I'd not had a chance to brush it. Poor kid. She was really good about it for the most part though. Bribery helps. She got a piece of candy afterwards. She has just enough of my curl to get really tangled really easily.

Took framed pics of the girls over to my aunt and uncle's house for my Uncle Bob's birthday. He loves them, they will hang on the wall where he can see them. :)

The Carmax guy called us, we may have found the car we want... We'll see if it works out! *crosses fingers*

Okay, not about this weekend but a week ago I got a SafeGuard Child Seat. Loved it so much I got another. And I don't even have a car they will fit in yet... It's a really awesome seat, I'm so excited to use it, and I got a great price. I may do a full review with pictures some day. But for now, check out their website here. If you want to know where to get it muuuch cheaper than the $420 list price let me know and I'll share...

I made too much ratatouille for Jeff's dinner co-op so we are having some too (if the kids will eat it...) If it stops raining we will go to the store and get rolls to go with it. I have to get rye bread for Tuesday's dinner anyway, the store was out, and I just think rye bread or pumpernickel goes better with cabbage soup, don't you?

Um, I guess that's it. Can't think of much else. Tired but can't sleep. Want tax season over. *yawns*

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Pumpernickel. Yummmmm!