Saturday, May 10, 2008

A good day

It was a nice day today. First we went to Maggie's appointment (we have found a new clinic that we REALLY like) and the doctor was great, the nurses were kind, and Maggie has gained 1/2 a lb. over her birth weight. Which is good. The other girls mostly behaved, and the doctor gave them stickers and a book. Very nice. Did I mention how nice everyone was? Yeah. We like this clinic. Which is good, since it would be $326/mo. to add Maggie to Jeff's health insurance, so we won't be doing that, and it will be a year before she qualifies for Healthy Families and can go on Kaiser like her sisters.

Then we all went home and rested. Jeff and I watched some Netflix, while the girls all slept. Everyone got a nice long rest. And there was a package at the door-- Jeff had sent me a Harry and David "Tower of Treats" for Mother's Day! He told me I could open it right then. Since I knew what it was already. ;)

Then we went to Tortas Mexico for our Nauvoo forum get-together. Jan and Jana (our out-of-country guests) were already there when we got there; they walked with Ems and me and Maggie over to Albertson's across the street to see if they had any of Maggie's pacis (they didn't; we picked some up at Vons on the way home) and pick up a few things for themselves, while Jeff got tables together. It was just a very nice day and the weather was beautiful. They were in love with the flowers all over the place (it is, after all, spring.) When we got back people had started arriving, and we all had a wonderful dinner, following which everyone took a turn holding Maggie. It was just as much fun as our get-togethers always are! I am not finding the camera cable right now, but pictures are forthcoming whenever I do get them uploaded. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

What a happy day! I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hi Anne! Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Thinking about you!

Ashley said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad to hear your baby girl is home and healthy.