Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mmmmmm

Jeff got an ice cream maker for Father's Day. (He also got socks, which Emma picked out despite me trying to steer her toward the Land's End shirts, so this was to make up for that.)

Last night we made ice cream as part of our FHE lesson. (It was Jeff's turn for the lesson, so he related everything we were doing to how we should function as a family, and the recipe as the plan of the gospel, etc.) We used Alton Brown's recipe for chocolate ice cream (except we used Ghiradelli's Ground Chocolate instead of cocoa.) We ate some "soft serve" last night but I just had my first scoop of the "fully ripened" product. It is incredibly delicious! I am soooo glad Jeff wanted an ice cream maker for Father's Day. We will probably end up making more sorbets than ice creams, but when we do make real ice cream I am going to just be in heaven. Fattening, fattening heaven.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yum! It sounds like a gift that everyone can enjoy! We try and break out our ice cream maker once a year. The kids have a ball! I think I need to go find some chocolate ice cream now! :)

Super Happy Girl said...

Oooh, sounds great and for $50 + shipping looks like a winner.
I just wish yummy things were non fatty. Oh well.
Good choice from your hubby.

Awesome Mom said...

Sounds yummy!!!

Anne/kq said...

We actually got ours for $45, no shipping, at Smart and Final. :)

Lana said...

i love home made ice cream! we haven't made it for probably a decade...maybe it's time again.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Thank you for praying for my friend. I went to see her today, and she seems to be doing a bit better!

SO COOL about the ice cream maker!! It can be fun to "create" your own ice cream flavors. (A friend of mine who has one invented a flavor for me- "raspberry mocha ice cream.") Let me know what your family invents!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Can you post the recipe here?? :)

Anne/kq said...

tristi, the recipe is linked. :)

(And the chocolate as a base also does very very well with Thin Mint cookies broken up and mixed in. :D )