Sunday, March 11, 2007

Can you say "irony" with me, girls and boys?

So. I followed an ad link to the Little Me website, just out of curiosity. They were making a big deal about dressing kids like kids. (Something I agree with.) They had on their home page a picture of a little girl covering her face with the caption, "Please don't dress me like a teenager." (Again, I agree completely.) So, I checked out some of their offerings in my daughter's size. And what to my wondering eyes should appear?

This.

"Little bellies never looked cuter in this two-piece halter bikini." Yeah, huh. Whatever.

Irony, or hypocrisy. Take your choice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll grant that the ruffled skirt is adorable and definitely age appropriate. But yeah, no child - even a teenager, IMHO - needs to be exposing their midriff.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

False advertising!! Let's get 'em!!

Awesome Mom said...

I will go with hypocrisy for $200 Alex.

Mean Mommy said...

Pbbth. And less of a deal breaker, but half the shirts and most of the dresses are sleeveless.

Some of the clothes are really cute--if they weren't so expensive. *sigh*

Those two combined are why I'm dusting off the sewing machine for Easter dresses this year. Plus, this way my baby, my preschooler, and I can all match!

Suzanne said...

Hypocrisy! It makes me sad that a teenager would wear that too...

Dawnyel said...

Their way of sucking you in...HOW RUDE!!

Super Happy Girl said...

Sheesh! I love it when a plan comes together...DUH!
I'm with Guinevere Meadow, False advertising!