Friday, January 16, 2009

life happens

So I've not been much in the mood for long blog posts. But I thought I'd do a general update.

-Jeff has started working long hours. The good news is that he doesn't go in until 10 (or doesn't have to anyway.) So if he stays up late because he doesn't get home until after 9 and then Maggie does her not-sleeping routine (which has been happening lately) he has a chance to get at least SOME sleep.

-Bridget has gone to dance class twice now. She likes it, she says, but she needs to work on her listening skills. Or maybe just her following directions skills. ;) A new little girl just joined their class yesterday who is a few weeks younger than her, so she is not just the odd one out being so young.

-I finally gave into Maggie's pathetic face yesterday and let her have some pita bread. I usually don't give wheat until 9 months but she hasn't had a new food in a while and she's almost 9 months, it's only a few days' difference really, so... Yeah. Maggie LIKES bread. I don't give her bread with egg in it of course, or milk, but simple breads like french bread or pita or Arabic bread that are just wheat and/or wheat/barley flour, water, salt, yeast, etc. she can have now.

Other than that, not much else is new. The kids make a mess, they break stuff, they fight; they play nicely, they share, they pray for each other and help with the baby. It's life, what can I say?

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Sounds like life is good for the moment!

I have a very hard time NOT giving into Kiddo's "pathetic face."